Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quit Drugs Today Affirmations

Individuals use drugs for assorted reasons. Fundamentally, though, drugs give us a sought after effect producing a feeling of euphoria that makes us feel more beneficial - at least temporarily. This is where the thought process becomes a little skewed. Individuals start to crave the feeling of euphoria that they get when they use drugs and that's when it gets to be a problem. It may be a vicious cycle.

You feel you can't live without the feelings that drugs provide you and that you just won't be able to cope with life without those drugs. That's what spawns addiction. A positive affirmation may be anything you wish it to be, but it has to be positive! Look in the mirror, look into your own eyes, and repeat your affirmation again and again.

Change your mentality from not believing what you state to wholeheartedly accepting that it is the truth. Do this numerous times a day if you have to. Finally, you'll begin believing what you say without having to quiet down those negative thoughts when they sneak in.

I deserve to be glad and successful

I have the might to change myself

I may forgive and understand other people and their motives

I may make my own choices and decisions

We might think there's willpower involved, but more likely, change is due to desire power. Wanting the new addiction more than the previous one. Wanting the new me in preference to the individual I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment